Former Under Secretary and Director, USPTO
Topic: Shifting U.S. IP Policy — Recent, Present and Upcoming
About David Kappos
- He served as the Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- He was instrumental in achieving the greatest legislative reform of the U.S. patent system i.e. the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act, signed into law by the President in September 2011.
- He was named as one of the 50 Most Influential People in Intellectual Property by Managing IP.
- He was inducted into the Intellectual Property Hall of Fame by Intellectual Asset Management Magazine in 2012.
- He is currently serving as Partner at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, USA, advising clients on intellectual property matters relating to corporate mergers and acquisitions and litigation.
- He is the member of the Advisory Board of ORoPO Foundation and an Adviser on The American Law Institute’s Restatement of the Law Fourth, Property project.
- He is special advisor to the Board of Directors of ipCreate and is Chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on the Economics of Innovation.
- He also serves on the Boards of Directors of the Partnership for Public Service, the Center for Global Enterprise and the Intellectual Property Owners(IPO) Education Foundation.
Optimal Risk Management Limited
Topic: Protecting IP from Cyber Threats
About Mike O’Neill
Mike is the Managing Director of Optimal Risk Management Limited. He has long been a proponent of the importance of adopting a converged approach to security risk.
He has been advocating the need for organisations to introduce red team testing and cyber war games if they are to thrive in the face of today’s challenges.
He has been a Chartered Security Professional since June 2011, is a Fellow of the Security Institute and holds the ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and Physical Security Professional (PSP) qualifications.
Managing Director, Chawton Innovation Services Limited, UK
Director (Cyber Risk & Security Services) Optimal Risk Management Limited
Partner, Michael Vorkas & Associates LLC, Cyprus
Intellectual Property Manager, Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited, UK